On June 13, 2013, the first round of one of the most prestigious golf tournaments in the world begins when the 113th U.S. Open Championship takes place at the East Course of the Merion Golf Club in Ardmore, PA.
Throughout the weekend, the biggest names in the game will swing into action, competing for the coveted U.S. Open trophy. The field will include some of the world’s best including 2013 Masters’ champion Adam Scott, 2013 Players’ champion Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy, Bubba Watson, and Phil Mickelson. As of now the FedEx Cup points standing leaders are Tiger Woods, Brandt Snedeker, Kevin Streelman, Billy Horschel, and Matt Kuchar. Sign up for the Santander Dealer Golf Tournament today and when the final field is announced on June 10, 2013, picks may be submitted.
In celebration of the tournament, Santander is launching its 2013 Golf Tournament pool, which is now open for your player submissions.
IT’S FREE TO ENTER, BUT KEEP IN MIND THAT YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE YOUR PICKS BY THE FIRST SCHEDULED TEE TIME– FOR EACH MAJOR. After that, we will not accept submissions. So be sure to fill out your picks completely, so we can make sure that you’re running for prizes.
How do Major Championship Golf Pools Work?
Here are the rules for our 2013 Golf Tournament:
- Picks are made for each of the four Major tournaments:
- The Masters
- The U.S. Open Championship
- The (British) Open Championship
- The PGA Championship
- Before each tournament, the PGA players in the tournament field are divided into six (6) tiers or flights, based on their current World Golf Ranking.
- Each pool member chooses one golfer from each of the six tiers. These six golfers make up their Player Roster for that tournament.
- The goal is to be the member whose roster performs the best, cumulatively, as a team.
- Any PGA Player who does not make the cut will be given the highest score of Round 3 and Round 4, respectively.
- Performance is tracked for each Major individually, but also in aggregate for all the Major Championships.
Players will be asked to pick one player from each of the six tiers (or flights). The flights are based on the World Golf Ranking of the PGA Players in the field for that tournament. For example, Tier #1 will be comprised mostly of players in the Top 10 in the world, Tier #2 of players between 11-20 in the world, etc.
Picks can be made once the tournament field has been entered in our system and can be changed right up until the first scheduled tee time in each Major.
Viewing Picks and Standings
Once the pick deadline has passed, members are prevented from making or changing their picks. At that time, they’ll also be able to see our detailed pick summary reports as well as everyone’s specific picks.
Standings are updated automatically during the tournament as the PGA Players complete their rounds. We will use the Player Roster stroke total to determine the winner(s), which is the default sort order in the Standings reports. However, to keep things interesting, we may also use the roster’s cumulative money winnings or FedEx points.
In addition to the current Major tournament, we accumulate pool member standings across all four Major Tournaments. This allows us to determine winners for each Major as well as a cumulative winner for the entire 2013 PGA Tour Majors season. WOW!
What if my PGA Player picks miss the cut?
Even the top players in the world sometimes miss the cut at a Major. When a player you’ve picked gets cut, that golfer will receive a score equal to the highest (worst) score of the day by a player that made the cut.
The U.S. Open: Begins on Thursday, June 13, 2013, and lasts until June 16, 2013
The (British) Open: Begins on Thursday, July 18, 2013, and lasts until July 21, 2013
The PGA Championship: Begins on Thursday, August 8, 2013, and lasts until August 11, 2013
Top prizes will be awarded to the winners of each tournament.
There are two ways to log in and pick your players:
1: VETERANS: If you participated in our Santander Dealer Football or Basketball Pool:
- Go to RunYourPool.com
- Log in with your Username and Password
- Click on “Join an Existing Pool” on the header and enter Pool ID number 16509 and Password drive123 click the “Go” button
- Click on the “My Account” link on the top-right of all pages
- Click on “Santander Golf Tournament Pool”
2: ROOKIES: If this is your first time playing with us:
- Go to RunYourPool.com
- Click on “Join an Existing Pool”
- In the Pool ID box, enter the number 16509
- In the Pool Password box, enter drive123